Re: Service Ride Control RENAME: Quality

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 17, 2006
      Hi Preston,

      I weighed my 94 with 8 gals. on board and less than 120 lbs in the
      trunk, it weighed in at 3950, that's approx. 500 lbs. less than my
      83. Considering that your Brougham is on a completely different
      chassis(I believe that it shares much with the Impala)and it's RWD, I
      would have hoped for more than you state. I read that some
      suspension components are interchangable with the Impala SS of the
      same vintage(94-96), perhaps you might look that way to improve on
      your handling. I have always liked your model of Fleetwood, because
      I am and always will be a RWD fan, no matter what is to be said about
      FWD! I just like the way RWD sets up and power-to-weight
      distribution works. It's just more dependable when the chips are
      down. If FWD were all THAT great, then why aren't there any FWD
      NASCARS or open wheel cars? I mean, just imagine how good the Viper
      would work with FWD instead of RWD(yuk)? Now THAT would be
      entertainment...lol!

      Bill
      97 STS
      94 DeVille
      83 SDV

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, Preston III
      <prestoniii2002@...> wrote:

      > Wow, I thought I was the only one that believed that.
      >
      > I too, have an '84 Coupe Deville, and a '94 Fleetwood Brougham.
      That
      > '94 just doesn't handle nearly as well as the '84. The '94 seems
      > wallow and float, whereas the '84 seems much more stable and
      solid.

      > Truthfully, I don't think the '94 will last nearly as well as
      the '84.

      > Preston III
      >
      > Bill <cbxsage@...> wrote:
      > The sad part of this scenario is the fact that the aforementioned
      SDV IS, in