Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Service Ride Control RENAME: Quality

  • Preston III
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 16, 2006
      Wow, I thought I was the only one that believed that.

      I too, have an '84 Coupe Deville, and a '94 Fleetwood Brougham.  That
      '94 just doesn't handle nearly as well as the '84.  The '94 seems to
      wallow and float, whereas the '84 seems much more stable and solid.

      Truthfully, I don't think the '94 will last nearly as well as the '84.

      Preston III

      Bill <cbxsage@...> wrote:
      The sad part of this scenario is the fact that the aforementioned SDV IS, in
      fact, better handling than my 94 which is lighter and more powerful.
      Thanks Again,
      Bill

    • Bill
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 17, 2006
        Hi Preston,

        I weighed my 94 with 8 gals. on board and less than 120 lbs in the
        trunk, it weighed in at 3950, that's approx. 500 lbs. less than my
        83. Considering that your Brougham is on a completely different
        chassis(I believe that it shares much with the Impala)and it's RWD, I
        would have hoped for more than you state. I read that some
        suspension components are interchangable with the Impala SS of the
        same vintage(94-96), perhaps you might look that way to improve on
        your handling. I have always liked your model of Fleetwood, because
        I am and always will be a RWD fan, no matter what is to be said about
        FWD! I just like the way RWD sets up and power-to-weight
        distribution works. It's just more dependable when the chips are
        down. If FWD were all THAT great, then why aren't there any FWD
        NASCARS or open wheel cars? I mean, just imagine how good the Viper
        would work with FWD instead of RWD(yuk)? Now THAT would be
        entertainment...lol!

        Bill
        97 STS
        94 DeVille