Re: 472 in a 78 gmc

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2006
      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Burnes"
      <lileazy03@...> wrote:

      > will a mid sump pan work when putting a 472 in a 78 gmc sierra?

      Yes the mid sump from a 77-79 rear drive 425 will work. The sump from a
      68-76 rear drive, sometimes called mid sump or forward sump (forward is
      more accurate} Will not. Eldo pan will work very well .Have had both in
      my 86.
    • Eric Burnes
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2006
        The pan i found is off a 368.. Would it work the same as the one
        from a 425?

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Steve"

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 11, 2006
          Eric,

          Afaik, the rwd car pan from the 368 is same as the rwd pan from a
          425. It'll work, but the pu tube from a 368 may not work on a
          472/500. If not, you could buy a new pu tube for a '77-'79 425 rwd
          car.

          If your 368 pan is the weird eldo pan with welded sump, I have no
          idea if the pu tube will work on a 472/500.

          Dave