Re: f body swap

  • Michael Brehmer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2006
      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "bluebrd_79"
      <bluebrd_79@y...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have info for a 472 swap into a 79 firebird?

      its not to bad, not too easy either, i had to do some rengineering to
      get my 472 in my 80 z 28. any specific questions?
    • michael hadley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2006
        Thanks for your help. First will the driver exhaust manifold clear the column? I found that the 472 is only 1 inch wider than a 455 so it should clear. mine is out of a 79 Deville did you have to change oil pans for clearance and what did you use for the mounts? I can get both kits from MTS (500cid.com) Im planning and collecting info so i wont have to big of a headache.

        http://mail.yahoo.com