Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Pinion Flanges

  • Preston III
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 22, 2006
      You can use a drive shaft from a corresponding Buick Park Avenue or
      Oldsmobile 98 of the same vintage.  They're the same car, with less
      complexity than the Cadillac.  It's actually a better part.

      Been there, done that on my own Coupe Deville.

      Preston III

      Steve Lewis <lewisracing13@...> wrote:
      I've got a 1979 Coupe de Ville with a driveshaft that has a c/v type u-
      joints. Has anyone ever put a standard u-joint yoke. Looking in my
      parts catalogs here at work, the closest thing I can find is on a 1/2
      pickup.

      Yahoo! Photos

    • Steve Lewis
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 23, 2006
        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Lewis"
        <lewisracing13@y...> wrote:

        > I've got a 1979 Coupe de Ville with a driveshaft that has a c/v type
        u-
        > joints. Has anyone ever put a standard u-joint yoke. Looking in my
        > parts catalogs here at work, the closest thing I can find is on a 1/2
        > pickup.

        The correct pinion flange to get is part number 12470387.