Re: Pinion Flanges

  • zenishus
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 20, 2006
      if you are asking if you can leave the constant velocity joint up
      front and use a regular joint in back,i am.the driveshaft was made by
      a driveshaft place.
    • South Shore Farms
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 20, 2006
        CV joints are at the back by the diff, if it is going to have one

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 22, 2006
          You can use a drive shaft from a corresponding Buick Park Avenue or
          Oldsmobile 98 of the same vintage.  They're the same car, with less
          complexity than the Cadillac.  It's actually a better part.

          Been there, done that on my own Coupe Deville.

          Preston III

          Steve Lewis <lewisracing13@...> wrote:
          I've got a 1979 Coupe de Ville with a driveshaft that has a c/v type u-
          joints. Has anyone ever put a standard u-joint yoke. Looking in my
          parts catalogs here at work, the closest thing I can find is on a 1/2
          pickup.

          Yahoo! Photos

        • Steve Lewis
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 23, 2006
            --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Lewis"
            <lewisracing13@y...> wrote:

            > I've got a 1979 Coupe de Ville with a driveshaft that has a c/v type
            u-
            > joints. Has anyone ever put a standard u-joint yoke. Looking in my
            > parts catalogs here at work, the closest thing I can find is on a 1/2
            > pickup.

            The correct pinion flange to get is part number 12470387.