Re: '87 Coupe Deville

  • cody_g_carson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2002
      The knocking noise is most likely the upper end noise of the 4100
      that they are famous for. I'm not sure what causes it, but it is a
      symptom that it's death is near. It will get worse and worse until it
      is a loud clatter and then its over. My 4100 did that. Now I have a
      472 in place of it. Go to the bottom of the home page on this group
      and click the link that follows the words, "for more information" and
      it will take you to the Cadillac Performance Message board (MTS
      Message board) sponcored by MTS. If you ask the question there, you
      will get more and quicker responces.

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@y..., "Lester"
      <grizzlybear310@p...> wrote:

      > I am new to this group and have a question. I have a '87 Coupe
      Deville and ever since I have owned it, it has had this
      thrashing/knocking noise in it. Louder as you give it more gas. No
      indications as to what it is, but I have heard the same noise in
      other Caddys also. Just wondering what this noise is. Whatever it is,
      does not effect the way it drives or runs. Any help here would be
      appreciated.
    • gafmasterslash@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2002
        sorry. its sounds like the death rattle. get AAA quick.