Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Pinion Flanges

  • Sean Janne
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 20, 2006
      I'm looking into the same thing as I am putting one on
      my '79 Sedan Deville. I have a '96 Impala SS rear
      that is going under my Deville. Let me know what you
      find out!

      --- Steve Lewis <lewisracing13@...> wrote:

      > I've got a 1979 Coupe de Ville with a driveshaft
      > that has a c/v type u-
      > joints. Has anyone ever put a standard u-joint yoke.
      > Looking in my
      > parts catalogs here at work, the closest thing I can
      > find is on a 1/2
      > pickup.

      Sean Janne
      2000 STS 4.6L Northstar
      1994 Sedan Deville 4.9L
      1979 Sedan Deville 472
      Cadillac Hot Rod page
      http://members.tripod.com/~CadillacMan/79cadpage.html

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • zenishus
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 20, 2006
        if you are asking if you can leave the constant velocity joint up
        front and use a regular joint in back,i am.the driveshaft was made by
        a driveshaft place.
      • South Shore Farms
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 20, 2006
          CV joints are at the back by the diff, if it is going to have one

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 22, 2006
            You can use a drive shaft from a corresponding Buick Park Avenue or
            Oldsmobile 98 of the same vintage.  They're the same car, with less
            complexity than the Cadillac.  It's actually a better part.

            Been there, done that on my own Coupe Deville.

            Preston III

            Steve Lewis <lewisracing13@...> wrote:
            I've got a 1979 Coupe de Ville with a driveshaft that has a c/v type u-
            joints. Has anyone ever put a standard u-joint yoke. Looking in my
            parts catalogs here at work, the closest thing I can find is on a 1/2
            pickup.

            Yahoo! Photos

          • Steve Lewis
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 23, 2006
              --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Lewis"
              <lewisracing13@y...> wrote:

              > I've got a 1979 Coupe de Ville with a driveshaft that has a c/v type
              u-
              > joints. Has anyone ever put a standard u-joint yoke. Looking in my
              > parts catalogs here at work, the closest thing I can find is on a 1/2
              > pickup.

              The correct pinion flange to get is part number 12470387.