Pinion Flanges

  • Steve Lewis
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 20, 2006
      I've got a 1979 Coupe de Ville with a driveshaft that has a c/v type u-
      joints. Has anyone ever put a standard u-joint yoke. Looking in my
      parts catalogs here at work, the closest thing I can find is on a 1/2
      pickup.
    • Sean Janne
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 20, 2006
        I'm looking into the same thing as I am putting one on
        my '79 Sedan Deville. I have a '96 Impala SS rear
        that is going under my Deville. Let me know what you
        find out!

        --- Steve Lewis <lewisracing13@...> wrote:

        > I've got a 1979 Coupe de Ville with a driveshaft
        > that has a c/v type u-
        > joints. Has anyone ever put a standard u-joint yoke.
        > Looking in my
        > parts catalogs here at work, the closest thing I can
        > find is on a 1/2
        > pickup.

        Sean Janne
        2000 STS 4.6L Northstar
        1994 Sedan Deville 4.9L
        1979 Sedan Deville 472
        Cadillac Hot Rod page
        http://members.tripod.com/~CadillacMan/79cadpage.html

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • South Shore Farms
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 20, 2006
          It is the same as a 1/2 ton pickup

          > I've got a 1979 Coupe de Ville with a driveshaft that has a c/v type u-
          > joints. Has anyone ever put a standard u-joint yoke. Looking in my
          > parts catalogs here at work, the closest thing I can find is on a 1/2
          > pickup.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • zenishus
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 20, 2006
            if you are asking if you can leave the constant velocity joint up
            front and use a regular joint in back,i am.the driveshaft was made by
            a driveshaft place.
          • South Shore Farms
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 20, 2006
              CV joints are at the back by the diff, if it is going to have one

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 22, 2006
                You can use a drive shaft from a corresponding Buick Park Avenue or
                Oldsmobile 98 of the same vintage.  They're the same car, with less
                complexity than the Cadillac.  It's actually a better part.

                Been there, done that on my own Coupe Deville.

                Preston III

                Steve Lewis <lewisracing13@...> wrote:
                I've got a 1979 Coupe de Ville with a driveshaft that has a c/v type u-
                joints. Has anyone ever put a standard u-joint yoke. Looking in my
                parts catalogs here at work, the closest thing I can find is on a 1/2
                pickup.

                Yahoo! Photos

              • Steve Lewis
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 23, 2006
                  --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Lewis"
                  <lewisracing13@y...> wrote:

                  > I've got a 1979 Coupe de Ville with a driveshaft that has a c/v type
                  u-
                  > joints. Has anyone ever put a standard u-joint yoke. Looking in my
                  > parts catalogs here at work, the closest thing I can find is on a 1/2
                  > pickup.

                  The correct pinion flange to get is part number 12470387.