caddy in truck

  • jgrh64
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2005
      This conversion sounds interesting I've been trying to come up with a
      motor idea, I have a 64 GMC with the 305 V6 which weighs about
      800lbs.It has torque but no revs or hp.How available are the BB cad
      engines and how is cost? I know there are alot of aftermarket goodies
      starting to be made for these, but for the time being I could run as
      is.Can I bolt a 4 speed on the back?
    • Sean Janne
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2005
        In stock form, it will be the cheapest big block you
        can find! I paid about $150 for my 1972 472. Price
        really depends on the area, some pay more in certain
        areas. The engines are still out there, and shouldn't
        be too hard to find.
        Yes, you can modify it to run a manual trans. There
        are kits to do that.

        --- jgrh64 <nnybsn@...> wrote:

        > This conversion sounds interesting I've been trying
        > to come up with a
        > motor idea, I have a 64 GMC with the 305 V6 which
        > weighs about
        > 800lbs.It has torque but no revs or hp.How available
        > are the BB cad
        > engines and how is cost? I know there are alot of
        > aftermarket goodies
        > starting to be made for these, but for the time
        > being I could run as
        > is.Can I bolt a 4 speed on the back?

        __________________________________
        Yahoo! Music Unlimited
        http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
      • jgrh64
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 25, 2005
          --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, Sean Janne
          <caddydaddy472@y...> wrote:

          > In stock form, it will be the cheapest big block you
          > can find!
          > Yes, you can modify it to run a manual trans. There
          > are kits to do that.

          Thanks ,Sounds better all the time who carries the kits?
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 30, 2005
            jgrh64,

            The "universal" mount kits sold by various vendors aren't wirth the
            money, imo. Just use rubber mounts from the engine, and fab whatever
            you need to go to the frame.

            The special pilot bushing is sold by various vendors for $20 or so.
            The stick flywheel is $300 or so. [ouch] You can use a bop bell, as
            long as it has the cut-out for the starter on the proper side. You
            can use a $50 adapter and use a checy bell [and starter]. Now, you
            see why most guys run a TH400.

            E-mail me if you want some good hot-rod caddy links.
            Dave