RE: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] 472 smog pump elimination

  • RGermain
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2005
      I read somewhere that somone used a smog pump as a
      sort of supercharger.

      Using the output from the air pump to pressurize the
      intake air

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 29, 2005
        Actually...you can impove performance by hooking up the suction of the air
        pump to the crankase..it create a vacuum in the oil pan and reduces the
        windage and pumping losses...and oil leaks!....worth a try! This is a trick
        used by racers....they hook up a check valves on the exhaust headers that
        take advantage of the suction pulses. It would make me nervous though to
        have the exhaust connected to the oil pan.....probably not too reliable for
        a daily driver
        To connect it to the intake would be a TOTAL waste of time!

        ____

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 29, 2005
          here is one guys idea....

          http://www.turborick.com/dirt.html

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 30, 2005
            RGermain,

            It'll work very well. On a 5 or so horse engine, like a go-cart, etc.
            Dave