RE: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] 472 smog pump elimination

  • Pollorey
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2005
      Take the vanes out of the pump....it then acts like an idler pulley....not
      hard to do

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 29, 2005
        I read somewhere that somone used a smog pump as a
        sort of supercharger.

        Using the output from the air pump to pressurize the
        intake air

        --- Pollorey <philsfcs@...> wrote:

        > Take the vanes out of the pump....it then acts like
        > an idler pulley....not
        > hard to do

        Check out http://www.geocities.com/atdnr

        and www.alicorne.com
      • Pollorey
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 29, 2005
          Actually...you can impove performance by hooking up the suction of the air
          pump to the crankase..it create a vacuum in the oil pan and reduces the
          windage and pumping losses...and oil leaks!....worth a try! This is a trick
          used by racers....they hook up a check valves on the exhaust headers that
          take advantage of the suction pulses. It would make me nervous though to
          have the exhaust connected to the oil pan.....probably not too reliable for
          a daily driver
          To connect it to the intake would be a TOTAL waste of time!

          ____

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 29, 2005
            here is one guys idea....

            http://www.turborick.com/dirt.html

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 30, 2005
              RGermain,

              It'll work very well. On a 5 or so horse engine, like a go-cart, etc.
              Dave