Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Cad 472/500 into 1965 Chevy Pickup Has anyone done this

  • Tom McKenna
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 28, 2005
      It can be done, and it makes a great conversion - I bought a 500 engine a
      few years ago from a fellow in Minnesota, and he was driving such a beast.
      It was a real clean looking installation, and as I recall, he said it was
      pretty straightforward - I know the engine looked right at home in the
      engine bay, and as I recall, he had driven it for some time and liked the
      set-up. Wish I still had his email address and I would contact him for you,
      as I am certain he would be more than happy to walk you through it. He
      lived in a suburb of St. Paul, north of interstate 94 and east of 694, so
      if anyone on the list is from the Minneapolis area, and familiar with that
      area, he might ring a bell with them and they may be able to put you in
      touch. At the time I was there, he was putting a V-8 into a Morris Minor
      Coupe. I know I have his information around here someplace, and if I can
      locate it, I will forward it on to him to have him contact you, but in the
      meantime, hopefuly someone from up in that area could help you.

      Tom McKenna

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 28, 2005
        Theres no clearance trouble a friend put a 500 in a 68 chevy p/u
        worked out great...dont remeber about pan i'll ask if its rear sump
        make mounts and drop it in i have one myself in a 65 pontiac ventura
        email me at rsp63@... if you have questions --- In
        Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Young"

        Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "kitdotjul"
        > <kitdotjul@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Anyone with experence? What Oil Pan, Clearance to
        PowerSteering
        > > Rack? Drive shaft to rear end pinion Angle issues? 400
        transmission
        > > fitting issues? Hood Clearance issues? Fan to Radiator issues??
        > >
        > > Thanks

      • zenishus
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 30, 2005
          <kitdotjul@y...> wrote:

          > Anyone with experence? What Oil Pan, Clearance to PowerSteering
          > Rack? Drive shaft to rear end pinion Angle issues? 400 transmission
          > fitting issues? Hood Clearance issues? Fan to Radiator issues??
          >
          > Thanks

          i got one in a 64 c10.i had to dent the firewall at the clutch linkage
          and trim about 3/8" from the frame where the passinger side exhaust
          hooked to the head pipe.i used an oilpan from an elderado.i had to
          move the trans crossmember back because the caddy trans is
          longer.remove the heater to get it in then reinstall.a 425 oilpan may
          work.
        • kitdotjul
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 31, 2005
            --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "zenishus"
            <rkirbyn@e...> wrote:

            > --- In
            Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "kitdotjul"
            > <kitdotjul@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Anyone with experence? What Oil Pan, Clearance to
            PowerSteering
            > > Rack? Drive shaft to rear end pinion Angle issues? 400
            transmission
            > > fitting issues? Hood Clearance issues? Fan to Radiator issues??
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > >
            > i got one in a 64 c10.i had to dent the firewall at the clutch
            linkage
            > and trim about 3/8" from the frame where the passinger side exhaust
            > hooked to the head pipe.i used an oilpan from an elderado.i had to
            > move the trans crossmember back because the caddy trans is
            > longer.remove the heater to get it in then reinstall.a 425 oilpan
            may
            > work.

          • kitdotjul
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 9, 2005