Re: Cad 472/500 into 1965 Chevy Pickup Has anyone done this

  • Rich Young
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 28, 2005
      I think you will get better answers at this website
      http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/
      they seem to read the question and answer what they can, on here they
      tell you things that you either already know or didnt care about anyway!

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "kitdotjul"
      <kitdotjul@y...> wrote:

      > Anyone with experence? What Oil Pan, Clearance to PowerSteering
      > Rack? Drive shaft to rear end pinion Angle issues? 400 transmission
      > fitting issues? Hood Clearance issues? Fan to Radiator issues??
      >
      > Thanks

    • Tom McKenna
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 28, 2005
        It can be done, and it makes a great conversion - I bought a 500 engine a
        few years ago from a fellow in Minnesota, and he was driving such a beast.
        It was a real clean looking installation, and as I recall, he said it was
        pretty straightforward - I know the engine looked right at home in the
        engine bay, and as I recall, he had driven it for some time and liked the
        set-up. Wish I still had his email address and I would contact him for you,
        as I am certain he would be more than happy to walk you through it. He
        lived in a suburb of St. Paul, north of interstate 94 and east of 694, so
        if anyone on the list is from the Minneapolis area, and familiar with that
        area, he might ring a bell with them and they may be able to put you in
        touch. At the time I was there, he was putting a V-8 into a Morris Minor
        Coupe. I know I have his information around here someplace, and if I can
        locate it, I will forward it on to him to have him contact you, but in the
        meantime, hopefuly someone from up in that area could help you.

        Tom McKenna

        > Anyone with experence? What Oil Pan, Clearance to PowerSteering
        > Rack? Drive shaft to rear end pinion Angle issues? 400 transmission
        > fitting issues? Hood Clearance issues? Fan to Radiator issues??
        >
        > Thanks
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --

      • carbearca
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 28, 2005
          Theres no clearance trouble a friend put a 500 in a 68 chevy p/u
          worked out great...dont remeber about pan i'll ask if its rear sump
          make mounts and drop it in i have one myself in a 65 pontiac ventura
          email me at rsp63@... if you have questions --- In
          Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Young"
          <pachevelleman@y...> wrote:

          > I think you will get better answers at this website
          > http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/
          > they seem to read the question and answer what they can, on here
          they
          > tell you things that you either already know or didnt care about
          anyway!

          > --- In
          Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "kitdotjul"
          > <kitdotjul@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Anyone with experence? What Oil Pan, Clearance to
          PowerSteering
          > > Rack? Drive shaft to rear end pinion Angle issues? 400
          transmission
          > > fitting issues? Hood Clearance issues? Fan to Radiator issues??
          > >
          > > Thanks

        • zenishus
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 30, 2005
            <kitdotjul@y...> wrote:

            > Anyone with experence? What Oil Pan, Clearance to PowerSteering
            > Rack? Drive shaft to rear end pinion Angle issues? 400 transmission
            > fitting issues? Hood Clearance issues? Fan to Radiator issues??
            >
            > Thanks

            i got one in a 64 c10.i had to dent the firewall at the clutch linkage
            and trim about 3/8" from the frame where the passinger side exhaust
            hooked to the head pipe.i used an oilpan from an elderado.i had to
            move the trans crossmember back because the caddy trans is
            longer.remove the heater to get it in then reinstall.a 425 oilpan may
            work.
          • kitdotjul
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 31, 2005
              --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "zenishus"
              <rkirbyn@e...> wrote:

              > --- In
              Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "kitdotjul"
              > <kitdotjul@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Anyone with experence? What Oil Pan, Clearance to
              PowerSteering
              > > Rack? Drive shaft to rear end pinion Angle issues? 400
              transmission
              > > fitting issues? Hood Clearance issues? Fan to Radiator issues??
              > >
              > > Thanks
              > >
              > i got one in a 64 c10.i had to dent the firewall at the clutch
              linkage
              > and trim about 3/8" from the frame where the passinger side exhaust
              > hooked to the head pipe.i used an oilpan from an elderado.i had to
              > move the trans crossmember back because the caddy trans is
              > longer.remove the heater to get it in then reinstall.a 425 oilpan
              may
              > work.

            • kitdotjul
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 9, 2005