'87 Coupe Deville

  • Lester
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2 9:48 PM

      I am new to this group and have a question. I have a '87 Coupe Deville and ever since I have owned it, it has had this thrashing/knocking noise in it. Louder as you give it more gas. No indications as to what it is, but I have heard the same noise in other Caddys also. Just wondering what this noise is. Whatever it is, does not effect the way it drives or runs. Any help here would be appreciated.
      Later Now
      Lester
    • cody_g_carson
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4 2:29 PM
        The knocking noise is most likely the upper end noise of the 4100
        that they are famous for. I'm not sure what causes it, but it is a
        symptom that it's death is near. It will get worse and worse until it
        is a loud clatter and then its over. My 4100 did that. Now I have a
        472 in place of it. Go to the bottom of the home page on this group
        and click the link that follows the words, "for more information" and
        it will take you to the Cadillac Performance Message board (MTS
        Message board) sponcored by MTS. If you ask the question there, you
        will get more and quicker responces.

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@y..., "Lester"

      • gafmasterslash@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4 11:31 PM
          sorry. its sounds like the death rattle. get AAA quick.