331 preformance parts

  • Ben Bockover
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2005
      where can i find preformance parts for my 311 Cad.? and how dose the
      331 Cadillac compair to the crysler 331 hemi?
    • matthewjedwards
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 20, 2005
        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Bockover"
        <spark_coil@y...> wrote:

        > where can i find preformance parts for my 311 Cad.? and how dose the
        > 331 Cadillac compair to the crysler 331 hemi?

        I blundered onto this site today, but if you'll drop me an email I'll
        send you several contacts. I have a great cam grinder, most of the
        internals can be ordered from EGGE machine or Kanter auto. Lots of
        stuff is interchangable up with 365 and 390. I just built a 365
        stroked with 390 guts and heads, custom cam etc. All the torque and HP
        you'll need. Standard SBC Valves and lifters can be used, but you'll
        need to machine a spacer for the valve covers or just order the factory
        parts. I have a some stuff if your interested--everything to stroke
        that engine to a 365 (.030 pistons, crank, rods) a 2-4 intake and even
        a manual tranny flywheel--all for sale--let me know if intersted.

        As for a head's up comparison, I can't tell you much about the hemi,
        but I've got all the specs on the caddy motors--depends on what year
        331 and what the carb config is, but as an example a 57 model 365 puts
        out 325 factory horses with a single 4 bbl and 340 with the dual quad
        intake and something in the range of 300 footpounds of torque. The
        earier the engine the smaller those numbers get I believe the bottom
        out on the 49 models at about 270 hp--but I won't swear to it--it's
        been a while since I consulted the tables.

        I've been exstatic with mine--runs dependably like a top with all the
        torque and hp I need, plus with my gear it get 22 mph on the highway (8
        in town). Hope this helps

        matt
        falconsprint63@...