Two-Three Shift Slide

  • meisterclyde
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2005
      Car:

      1986 Cadillac CDV Fleetwood (love rubbing that in lol)

      V8 4.1 liter

      Background:

      I'm new to the modern electronic marvels of Cadillacs. I received as
      a gift a well-maintained caddy.

      My car has a rebuilt transmission installed by an independent shop in
      Marysville, California. Unknown if it is an OEM tranny and parts.
      This was done by the previous owner before giving the car to me, so, I
      do not have the paperwork.

      Also, I have no idea how long ago the work was done. I've had the car
      two years.

      Symptom:

      Depending on throttle position, car has a lagging two-three shift.

      Question:

      1. Do these models have an electrical relay that could be the culprit
      of the condition?

      2. Are there sollutions that do not involve overhaul of the
      transmission.

      Clyde