Re: Engine Change?

  • Dee
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2005
      My 1973 caddy was unleaded, had all the warning stickers etc. Hope
      that helps. also, we are in the process of doing an engine swap on a
      57 caddi-dropping in a 472 out of a 69.
      We already see that the motor mounts are going to have to be moved
      about an inch. Also you may have to change the oil pan from a front
      oilpump to a rear oilpump set up so the pan clears those steering
      thingies-[cant remember the correct terminology]. also there may not
      be enough clearance for the fan and radiator.....guess we'll figure it
      out eventually....but hope this gives you an idea on what to look out
      for. Good Luck