Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] 1973 Cadilac, What is a Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance?

  • Daniel Green
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2005
      The D'Elégance package was an extra $750 in 1973 on top of the $7765 list on the Brougham.
      I had a '75 with the same options package,and it had different cloth on the seats, a deeper carpet and one or two other things as well such as remote trunk lock, different badges etc.
      It was referred to as an options group, meaning, I think, that several optional extras were included as a group, without having to be ordered separately. There was  also a Talisman options package which cost nearly twice as much again as the Elégance. The car is certainly rarer than a standard Brougham, but how much rarer, I don't know.

       <capn_prickly@...> wrote:
      1973 Cadilac, What is a Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance?

      I have had a fleetwood brougham before but never have seen a brougm
      D'Elegance, is it special, rare or worth more that way, I am now
      trying to sell this car, any knowledge would be great. Thanks, William

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/lkiolB/TM

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • meisterclyde
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2005
        They were big boats and at $3 per gallon, you may not want to try to
        put on airs. lol

        Seriously, D'Elegance was the whistle and bells that were not
        standard on the caddy at that time.

        In terms of marketing the car, it has Ooooo and Aaaaaah factor, but is
        a minor selling point.

        Clyde

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Terry"