Engine Change?

  • Max
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
      I have a 56 Coupe De Ville, FORGET ABOUT IT. I don't want to change
      now!
    • Dee
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2005
        My 1973 caddy was unleaded, had all the warning stickers etc. Hope
        that helps. also, we are in the process of doing an engine swap on a
        57 caddi-dropping in a 472 out of a 69.
        We already see that the motor mounts are going to have to be moved
        about an inch. Also you may have to change the oil pan from a front
        oilpump to a rear oilpump set up so the pan clears those steering
        thingies-[cant remember the correct terminology]. also there may not
        be enough clearance for the fan and radiator.....guess we'll figure it
        out eventually....but hope this gives you an idea on what to look out
        for. Good Luck