Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Digest Number 680

  • Gil McDavis
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12 9:16 PM
      Hello,
      i need a 500 caddy engine for a 1969 eldo, help please!!!
      thanks
      Gil

      Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/lkiolB/TM

      There are 5 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. 1990-1993 CUSTOM GRILLE
      From: "cad_father"
      2. ????425 performance up-grades????
      From: "stamps1ss"
      3. Re: 500 heads
      From: "willys57pu"
      4. Re: ????425 performance up-grades????
      From: James Robinson
      5. Re: ????425 performance up-grades????
      From: James Robinson

      Message: 1
      Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 18:36:19 -0000
      From: "cad_father"
      Subject: 1990-1993 CUSTOM GRILLE

      Hi all my fellow members im new to the club and looking forward to
      having fun and great conversations with you all. im sending this
      message out to if any one has info on a chrome custom grille for a
      1990 - 1993 cadillac please contact me asap so i can pick it up thank
      you all.

      Message: 2
      Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:47:50 -0000
      From: "stamps1ss"
      Subject: ????425 performance up-grades????

      I just found out about this association and I'm woundering if anyone
      can help me out with information regarding performance parts for both
      of my 425 cadi engines...where can I find parts and information in
      general

      Message: 3
      Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 01:50:46 -0000
      From: "willys57pu"
      Subject: Re: 500 heads

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "david
      brode" wrote:
      > willys57pu,
      >
      > The 68-73 heads have a heart shaped chamber. A 74 -76 head will
      have a
      > sort of a "D" shaped chamber.
      >
      > The 74-76 500 piston will be almost a flat top, with a very
      shallow,
      > round, flat bottom recess of apx 2.5" diameter. If it does not have
      > such a piston, it's either a pre '74 500, or a 472.
      >
      > Btw - I assume that you've measured the stroke, and it is 4.304"
      > [almost 4 & 5/16". A 472 will be 4 & 1/16".
      > Dave
      >

      > " wrote:
      > > hey thanks for the replys. i know that 500 engines only came on
      70
      > and
      > > up eldo's.my engine actually came out of a rotted out 67 olds
      > > toronado.the guy that did the transplant said he thought from
      memory
      > > that he got it out of a 73 eldo.i guess what i'am trying to find
      out
      > is
      > > how do i tell if in fact it is a 73 with the 76 cc heads and not
      a 74
      > > and newer 500. thanks again.torque rules and cadillac was king of
      the
      > > road.hey thanks dave they have the heart shaped chambers.and the
      stroke says its a 500

      Message: 4
      Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 04:28:41 -0700 (PDT)
      From: James Robinson
      Subject: Re: ????425 performance up-grades????

      stamps1ss wrote:I just found out about this association and I'm woundering if anyone
      can help me out with information regarding performance parts for both
      of my 425 cadi engines...where can I find parts and information in
      general

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 5
      Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 04:33:11 -0700 (PDT)
      From: James Robinson

      stamps1ss wrote:I just found out about this association and I'm woundering if anyone
      can help me out with information regarding performance parts for both
      of my 425 cadi engines...where can I find parts and information in
      general

      Got to www.500cid.com and you will find what you need from the CadFather

      Yahoo! for Good

      [This message contained attachments]