429 to 472....i'm lost

  • charliepike1986
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2005
      I have a 64 fleetwood....blown engine i'm pretty sure.
      I've heard many oposing stories as to whether or not a 472 would fit.

      Now i know that in 65 the engine mounts for the 429 changed. I've also
      heard that bell housing is different for the transmissions
      (hydromatic/turbo hydromatic)

      I heard recently that the only difference for the 472 was the bore and
      stroke is different. Otherwise, the blocks are the same..same
      components and whatnot. And that the 500 block is different from both.
      I've also been told that the 472 and 500 are the same block.

      I'm LOST. So i guess my question would be:
      1. Would my new components i put on my 429 fit a 472???
      2. And if so...would my 64 Turbo Hydromatic fit the 472 as well.
      3. If all of this is a no, what engine would you advise I use, or
      should i find another 429?