Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] engine conversion

  • Jerry Brown
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 28, 2005
      Put it in a Fiero. A fairly easy swap and popular among Fiero owners.
      Jerry Brown

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 28, 2005
        I believe the factory computer from the 91/92 cars with 440T4 trans will
        work. That transmission is hydraulically controlled. The TCC is the only
        aspectof the trans that the ECM controls.
        You can use the TH700 from 2.8/3.1/3.4 V6 powered S10's or
        Camaros/Firebirds, appropriately beefed to handle the torque.

        There's a cam regrind for that engine that's becoming increasingly popular.
        I don't know exactly how much power it gives, but I wouldn't be surprised
        at 30-35 from the cam swap. If you can track down an Allante intake
        manifold, that will help by 20ish HP, in addition to looking really cool.

        Will

        > From: "darlie1950" <darlie1950@...>
        >Subject: engine conversion
        >
        >what and where can i get a computer to make a 4.9 engine run in a 78
        >malibu what trani will work on that 4.9 for rear wheel drive malibu

      • zenishus
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 28, 2005
          --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Brown"
          <jerome@p...> wrote:
          > Put it in a Fiero. A fairly easy swap and popular among Fiero owners.
          > Jerry Brown

          i looked into that but its not smog legal and ive already scrapped one
          truck that i couldn't get inspected.