Re: 4100 Engine Swap

  • William Lucke
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2005
      Dunno if that beast is transverse or longitudinal, but if it's transverse
      you could almost drop a 4.9 in there. You'd pick up about 50 HP, too.

      Will

      > From: "Rod Joye" <rodj44137@...>
      >Subject: 4100 Engine Swap
      >
      >I have an 84 Fleetwood Brougham coupe w/ 80K miles. The body/interior
      >are both in excellent condition, but the 4100 engine has given up the
      >ghost, big time!
      >
      >Is there any computer-controlled, fuel-injected engine that would be a
      >relative easy swap?
      >
      >Thanks!

    • johnson kevin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29, 2005
        tooo many...narrow your scope.

        William Lucke <william.lucke@...> wrote:
        Dunno if that beast is transverse or longitudinal, but if it's transverse
        you could almost drop a 4.9 in there. You'd pick up about 50 HP, too.

        Will

        >   From: "Rod Joye" <rodj44137@...>
        >Subject: 4100 Engine Swap
        >
        >I have an 84 Fleetwood Brougham coupe w/ 80K miles.  The body/interior
        >are both in excellent condition, but the 4100 engine has given up the
        >ghost, big time!
        >
        >Is there any computer-controlled, fuel-injected engine that would be a
        >relative easy swap?
        >
        >Thanks!

      • Douglas Snyder
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2005
          Kevin .....check this out you might be interested,let me know
          Doug Snyder
          http://www.markerman.com/presentations/v3.html

          From: johnson kevin <kp5002002@...>
          Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:25:42 -0700 (PDT)