4100 Engine Swap

  • Rod Joye
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28, 2005
      I have an 84 Fleetwood Brougham coupe w/ 80K miles. The body/interior
      are both in excellent condition, but the 4100 engine has given up the
      ghost, big time!

      Is there any computer-controlled, fuel-injected engine that would be a
      relative easy swap?

      Thanks!
    • William Lucke
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29, 2005
        Dunno if that beast is transverse or longitudinal, but if it's transverse
        you could almost drop a 4.9 in there. You'd pick up about 50 HP, too.

        Will

        > From: "Rod Joye" <rodj44137@...>
        >Subject: 4100 Engine Swap
        >
        >I have an 84 Fleetwood Brougham coupe w/ 80K miles. The body/interior
        >are both in excellent condition, but the 4100 engine has given up the
        >ghost, big time!
        >
        >Is there any computer-controlled, fuel-injected engine that would be a
        >relative easy swap?
        >
        >Thanks!

      • johnson kevin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 29, 2005
          tooo many...narrow your scope.

          William Lucke <william.lucke@...> wrote:
          Dunno if that beast is transverse or longitudinal, but if it's transverse
          you could almost drop a 4.9 in there. You'd pick up about 50 HP, too.

          Will

          >   From: "Rod Joye" <rodj44137@...>
          >Subject: 4100 Engine Swap
          >
          >I have an 84 Fleetwood Brougham coupe w/ 80K miles.  The body/interior
          >are both in excellent condition, but the 4100 engine has given up the
          >ghost, big time!
          >
          >Is there any computer-controlled, fuel-injected engine that would be a
          >relative easy swap?
          >
          >Thanks!

        • Douglas Snyder
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 30, 2005
            Kevin .....check this out you might be interested,let me know
            Doug Snyder
            http://www.markerman.com/presentations/v3.html

            From: johnson kevin <kp5002002@...>
            Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:25:42 -0700 (PDT)