Re: Fuel Intake for 472

  • William Lucke
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 14, 2005
      Who is "Flash" for those of us who are a little behind?

      Will

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 15, 2005
        Hi Will,

        I believe that he calls his company Flashcraft, but I can't remember
        for sure. -mail me, and i'll send you likes to him, and other Caddy
        performance related stuff. Anyone else that want the info too.
        Dave

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, William
        Lucke <william.lucke@h...> wrote:
        > Who is "Flash" for those of us who are a little behind?
        >

        > Will
        >

        > > From: "david brode" <dbrode@h...>
        > >Subject: Re: Fuel Intake for 472
        > >
        > >Geary,
        > >
        > > > Thanks a ton (or maybe my 3 tons thank you) for the advice.
        I'll
        > > > see if I can locate the HEI ignition. Do you know whether the
        > > > distributor for a 500cid would work with the 472 without
        > > > modifications?
        > >
        > >It will work fine, as would one from a later 425 [as long as it's a
        > >non-computer controlled version]. There may be some gain from
        > >tweaking the advance curve for your app though. Fyi - you can use
        the
        > >stock wire running to the point dist, but as someone else
        mentioned,
        > >it has a section of resister wire in it. Un-tape the harness to
        find
        > >and remove the section of resistor wire. You could also use the
        stock
        > >wire to energize a $5 relay to allow current direct from the
        battery.

        > >For a 2x4 intake: A 429/460 ford intake can be used with adapters
        and
        > >some cutting on the intake. It isn't cheap to do though. One with
        two
        > >500-600 vac secondary carbs should do pretty well on the street. I
        > >have a set of new never used CNC'd adapters, a cast vally cover
        and a
        > >ready to bolt on "blue thunder" 2x4 ford intake. $450 for all, if
        > >you're interested.
        > >
        > >Fyi - Flash is supposedly working on a bolt on 3x2 intake.
        > >Dave
        >

        > --
        6/14/2005