Re: Fuel Intake for 472

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 8, 2005
      Tommy/Geary,

      There is a pic of the 4150/60 flanged BD intake in my photo album;
      Dave

      http://public.fotki.com/larouchedem/tttruck_project
      <http://public.fotki.com/larouchedem/tttruck_project>

      > There are other intakes for racing, thike the Bulldog, but I think it
      > has to be used with Bulldog heads.
    • William Lucke
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 14, 2005
        Who is "Flash" for those of us who are a little behind?

        Will

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 15, 2005
          Hi Will,

          I believe that he calls his company Flashcraft, but I can't remember
          for sure. -mail me, and i'll send you likes to him, and other Caddy
          performance related stuff. Anyone else that want the info too.
          Dave

          --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, William
          Lucke <william.lucke@h...> wrote:
          > Who is "Flash" for those of us who are a little behind?
          >

          > Will
          >

          > > From: "david brode" <dbrode@h...>
          > >Subject: Re: Fuel Intake for 472
          > >
          > >Geary,
          > >
          > > > Thanks a ton (or maybe my 3 tons thank you) for the advice.
          I'll
          > > > see if I can locate the HEI ignition. Do you know whether the
          > > > distributor for a 500cid would work with the 472 without
          > > > modifications?
          > >
          > >It will work fine, as would one from a later 425 [as long as it's a
          > >non-computer controlled version]. There may be some gain from
          > >tweaking the advance curve for your app though. Fyi - you can use
          the
          > >stock wire running to the point dist, but as someone else
          mentioned,
          > >it has a section of resister wire in it. Un-tape the harness to
          find
          > >and remove the section of resistor wire. You could also use the
          stock
          > >wire to energize a $5 relay to allow current direct from the
          battery.

          > >For a 2x4 intake: A 429/460 ford intake can be used with adapters
          and
          > >some cutting on the intake. It isn't cheap to do though. One with
          two
          > >500-600 vac secondary carbs should do pretty well on the street. I
          > >have a set of new never used CNC'd adapters, a cast vally cover
          and a
          > >ready to bolt on "blue thunder" 2x4 ford intake. $450 for all, if
          > >you're interested.
          > >
          > >Fyi - Flash is supposedly working on a bolt on 3x2 intake.
          > >Dave
          >

          > --
          6/14/2005