Re: Fuel Intake for 472

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 8 1:37 PM
      Tommy,

      > There are other intakes for racing, thike the Bulldog, but I think it
      > has to be used with Bulldog heads.

      They have a version that works with iron heads, in both 4150/60 and
      dominator flange. Not a good street intake though. Most apps require an
      epoxy fill. I have a 4150/60 flanged one done up as such, if you know
      anyone in need.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 8 1:44 PM
        Geary,

        > Thanks a ton (or maybe my 3 tons thank you) for the advice. I'll
        > see if I can locate the HEI ignition. Do you know whether the
        > distributor for a 500cid would work with the 472 without
        > modifications?

        It will work fine, as would one from a later 425 [as long as it's a
        non-computer controlled version]. There may be some gain from
        tweaking the advance curve for your app though. Fyi - you can use the
        stock wire running to the point dist, but as someone else mentioned,
        it has a section of resister wire in it. Un-tape the harness to find
        and remove the section of resistor wire. You could also use the stock
        wire to energize a $5 relay to allow current direct from the battery.

        For a 2x4 intake: A 429/460 ford intake can be used with adapters and
        some cutting on the intake. It isn't cheap to do though. One with two
        500-600 vac secondary carbs should do pretty well on the street. I
        have a set of new never used CNC'd adapters, a cast vally cover and a
        ready to bolt on "blue thunder" 2x4 ford intake. $450 for all, if
        you're interested.

        Fyi - Flash is supposedly working on a bolt on 3x2 intake.
        Dave

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 8 1:49 PM
          Tommy/Geary,

          There is a pic of the 4150/60 flanged BD intake in my photo album;
          Dave

          http://public.fotki.com/larouchedem/tttruck_project
          <http://public.fotki.com/larouchedem/tttruck_project>

          > There are other intakes for racing, thike the Bulldog, but I think it
          > has to be used with Bulldog heads.
        • William Lucke
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 14 3:09 PM
            Who is "Flash" for those of us who are a little behind?

            Will

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 15 4:02 PM
              Hi Will,

              I believe that he calls his company Flashcraft, but I can't remember
              for sure. -mail me, and i'll send you likes to him, and other Caddy
              performance related stuff. Anyone else that want the info too.
              Dave

              --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, William
              Lucke <william.lucke@h...> wrote:
              > Who is "Flash" for those of us who are a little behind?
              >

              > Will
              >

              > > From: "david brode" <dbrode@h...>
              > >Subject: Re: Fuel Intake for 472
              > >
              > >Geary,
              > >
              > > > Thanks a ton (or maybe my 3 tons thank you) for the advice.
              I'll
              > > > see if I can locate the HEI ignition. Do you know whether the
              > > > distributor for a 500cid would work with the 472 without
              > > > modifications?
              > >
              > >It will work fine, as would one from a later 425 [as long as it's a
              > >non-computer controlled version]. There may be some gain from
              > >tweaking the advance curve for your app though. Fyi - you can use
              the
              > >stock wire running to the point dist, but as someone else
              mentioned,
              > >it has a section of resister wire in it. Un-tape the harness to
              find
              > >and remove the section of resistor wire. You could also use the
              stock
              > >wire to energize a $5 relay to allow current direct from the
              battery.

              > >For a 2x4 intake: A 429/460 ford intake can be used with adapters
              and
              > >some cutting on the intake. It isn't cheap to do though. One with
              two
              > >500-600 vac secondary carbs should do pretty well on the street. I
              > >have a set of new never used CNC'd adapters, a cast vally cover
              and a
              > >ready to bolt on "blue thunder" 2x4 ford intake. $450 for all, if
              > >you're interested.
              > >
              > >Fyi - Flash is supposedly working on a bolt on 3x2 intake.
              > >Dave
              >

              > --
              6/14/2005