Valve and spring set-up

  • tremorj10
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2002
      Thanks to Terry for this info:

      I used a piloted end mill in a drill to shorten the guides .125" and
      measured the spring installed height by assembling each valve with
      its retainer and keepers but without the spring.I used a dial caliper-
      if you position it just right,you can measure every valve spring
      location.
      I used generic 11/32 umbrella type seals from a local auto
      supply.They were .100" thick where the stem passes through.
      Terry