Re: 4.9 Performance-Help!

  • Paul Angel
    Message 1 of 3 , May 21, 2005
      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "cbxsage"
      <cbxsage@h...> wrote:
      > Hi Everybody,
      >
      > I have recently purchased a 94 Sedan DeVille with the 4.9 PFI
      4t60.
      > I would like to "bring it around" a bit. I am looking for some
      > guidance here, as in tuning, intake and exhaust. Also, is there a
      > way to improve the shifting of the 4T60 as-in a possible adjustment
      > or maybe a cross platform shift solenoid that works better? I'm
      not
      > looking to build a race car just want it to breathe right, get
      decent
      > fire, and not be relegared to soft shifts. I also have an 83 Sedan
      > DeVille 4.1, which is what has driven me to the lighter more
      > aerodynamic 4.9 car in the 94. I have been blessed as it only has
      > 40k on it. I would like to realize maybe another 30 or so
      > horsepower, if possible. I have been reading that the 4.9 seems to
      > popular swap into a Fiero, but I would like hear it from the
      Cadillac
      > platform, this 94 makes my 7th Cad dating back to my first Coupe
      > DeVille (I still kick myself for selling it, but I needed to make
      > room for musclecars and street racing in the 70's) Pink/Wht 59.
      >
      > Any suggestions and guidance would be appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Bill
      ***************
      You can have cams custom ground for it; if headers are not available
      they can be custom fabbed too. I'm pretty sure (about 99%) that there
      are no aftermarket intakes. Here again custom fabrication will be
      nessasary. I've been looking into this since I have a Fiero & would
      like to do that conversion. I've decided that if I find a reasonable
      4.9/auto I'll be welding a small 4 bbl. intake flange to the stock
      aluminum intake to acheive the HP & torque I want. I did that on a
      Brat I have (changed from a 1 bbl. to a progressice Holley-Webber 2
      bbl.) & it made a *world* of difference!
      If you want to find more check the Fiero boards at Yahoo, Pennocks, &
      others.
      HTH,
      ~ Paul
      aka "Tha Driver"

    • William Lucke
      Message 2 of 3 , May 22, 2005
        Allante intake manifold, if you can find one, is supposedly good for 20 HP,
        although I've never seen a dyno comparison showcasing this.
        John Lagler who runs www.fieroaddiction.com has done a 4.9 with ported
        heads, reground cam, valvetrain mods, and some other stuff and ran low 13's
        with it in a Fiero.

        Will