Re: Removing badges

  • Paul Angel
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 17, 2005
      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy
      Stevens" <jcopp24@h...> wrote:
      > In trying to save money towards a paint job I would like to remove
      all of my
      > chrome badges trunk lid, rear fenders, front grill ect... are these
      all
      > screwed in? any tips in removing the badges... besides the very
      carfefully
      > tactic?
      >
      > Are there any catalogs available for parts for a 1968 cadillac? I
      need front
      > fenders bad...
      **************
      Depends mostly on the year of the car. The older ones such as a '68
      usually have nuts on the back of moldings & emblems. Some of the ones
      that have no access to the back of the panel will have clip-ons. With
      the clip-ons, you usually have to pull down a little on the molding
      while prying out with a screwdriver - all very carefully. Obviously
      with the nuts you have to pull the inner fenders & such to access
      those. Grilles & such will be bolted on - should be easy enough to
      spot.
      HTH,
      ~ Paul
      aka "Tha Driver"