Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: Best headers for Fleetwood?

  • Preston III
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2005
      True, the "C" chassis is not used in the Chevy. The
      "C" chassis is a "B" chassis on steriods. The engine
      cradle, engine bay, and cross members are all
      basically the same. AND, the "B" chassis IS a chevy
      product too. I'd use headers built for a Caprice with

      a big block, and substitute the Caddy flanges.

      Besides, you're not going to weld the flanges on until
      you've test fit them on the engine with the headers in
      the chassis. Tack weld them together, then finish the
      job.

      Preston III

      -- Tommy Pierson <tompierson@...>
      wrote:

      > The problem is that the Cadillac chasis is not
      > shared by Chevy.
      > It's a C type (Really a D type commercial chasis),
      > which is shared
      > by Buick Electras and Olds 98's. I'd go with the
      > Deville headers,
      > but they don't offer a real big increase in power
      > over stock
      > manifolds run through 2 pipes.
      >
      > .....Preston III <prestoniii2002@y...> wrote:
      > Chevy big block headers themselves will not bolt
      > to a caddy engine. The process is that you buy
      chevy
      > big block headers for the chassis/body that you
      have,
      > then cut the exhaust-port flanges off them. Then,
      > you reinstall a set of Cadillac Big Block flanges in
      > place of the chevy flanges. The caddy flanges should

      > be available at various places that specialize in
      > caddy high performance parts.
      >
      > Preston III
      >

      > --- Tommy Pierson <tompierson@s...> wrote:
      > I know MTS carries a mid length set for Deville's
      > that might fit my 73 Fleetwood, but what Chevy Big
      > Block Headers would fit?

      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

      When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me."

      Preston, Tim, or Mr Bond. . . . They're all me!

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Tommy Pierson
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2005
        Thanks! That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, Preston