Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Best headers for Fleetwood?

  • Preston III
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2005
      Chevy big block headers themselves will not bolt to
      a caddy engine. The process is that you buy chevy big

      block headers for the chassis/body that you have, then

      cut the exhaust-port flanges off them. Then, you
      reinstall a set of Cadillac Big Block flanges in place
      of the chevy flanges. The caddy flanges should be
      available at various places that specialize in caddy
      high performance parts.

      Preston III

      --- Tommy Pierson
      <tompierson@...> wrote:

      > I know MTS carries a mid length set for Deville's
      > that might fit my
      > 73 Fleetwood, but what Chevy Big Block Headers would
      > fit?

      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

      When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me."

      Preston, Tim, or Mr Bond. . . . They're all me!

    • Tommy Pierson
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 25, 2005
        The problem is that the Cadillac chasis is not shared by Chevy.
        It's a C type (Really a D type commercial chasis), which is shared
        by Buick Electras and Olds 98's. I'd go with the Deville headers,
        but they don't offer a real big increase in power over stock
        manifolds run through 2 pipes.

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, Preston III

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 25, 2005
          True, the "C" chassis is not used in the Chevy. The
          "C" chassis is a "B" chassis on steriods. The engine
          cradle, engine bay, and cross members are all
          basically the same. AND, the "B" chassis IS a chevy
          product too. I'd use headers built for a Caprice with

          a big block, and substitute the Caddy flanges.

          Besides, you're not going to weld the flanges on until
          you've test fit them on the engine with the headers in
          the chassis. Tack weld them together, then finish the
          job.

          Preston III

          -- Tommy Pierson <tompierson@...>
          wrote:

          > The problem is that the Cadillac chasis is not
          > shared by Chevy.
          > It's a C type (Really a D type commercial chasis),
          > which is shared
          > by Buick Electras and Olds 98's. I'd go with the
          > Deville headers,
          > but they don't offer a real big increase in power
          > over stock
          > manifolds run through 2 pipes.
          >
          > .....Preston III <prestoniii2002@y...> wrote:
          > Chevy big block headers themselves will not bolt
          > to a caddy engine. The process is that you buy
          chevy
          > big block headers for the chassis/body that you
          have,
          > then cut the exhaust-port flanges off them. Then,
          > you reinstall a set of Cadillac Big Block flanges in
          > place of the chevy flanges. The caddy flanges should

          > be available at various places that specialize in
          > caddy high performance parts.
          >
          > Preston III
          >

          > --- Tommy Pierson <tompierson@s...> wrote:
          > I know MTS carries a mid length set for Deville's
          > that might fit my 73 Fleetwood, but what Chevy Big
          > Block Headers would fit?

          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

          When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me."

          Preston, Tim, or Mr Bond. . . . They're all me!

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Tommy Pierson
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 26, 2005
            Thanks! That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for.