Best headers for Fleetwood?

  • Tommy Pierson
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2005
      I know MTS carries a mid length set for Deville's that might fit my
      73 Fleetwood, but what Chevy Big Block Headers would fit?
    • Preston III
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 25, 2005
        Chevy big block headers themselves will not bolt to
        a caddy engine. The process is that you buy chevy big

        block headers for the chassis/body that you have, then

        cut the exhaust-port flanges off them. Then, you
        reinstall a set of Cadillac Big Block flanges in place
        of the chevy flanges. The caddy flanges should be
        available at various places that specialize in caddy
        high performance parts.

        Preston III

        --- Tommy Pierson
        <tompierson@...> wrote:

        > I know MTS carries a mid length set for Deville's
        > that might fit my
        > 73 Fleetwood, but what Chevy Big Block Headers would
        > fit?

        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

        When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me."

        Preston, Tim, or Mr Bond. . . . They're all me!

      • Tommy Pierson
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 25, 2005
          The problem is that the Cadillac chasis is not shared by Chevy.
          It's a C type (Really a D type commercial chasis), which is shared
          by Buick Electras and Olds 98's. I'd go with the Deville headers,
          but they don't offer a real big increase in power over stock
          manifolds run through 2 pipes.

          --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, Preston III

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 25, 2005
            True, the "C" chassis is not used in the Chevy. The
            "C" chassis is a "B" chassis on steriods. The engine
            cradle, engine bay, and cross members are all
            basically the same. AND, the "B" chassis IS a chevy
            product too. I'd use headers built for a Caprice with

            a big block, and substitute the Caddy flanges.

            Besides, you're not going to weld the flanges on until
            you've test fit them on the engine with the headers in
            the chassis. Tack weld them together, then finish the
            job.

            Preston III

            -- Tommy Pierson <tompierson@...>
            wrote:

            > The problem is that the Cadillac chasis is not
            > shared by Chevy.
            > It's a C type (Really a D type commercial chasis),
            > which is shared
            > by Buick Electras and Olds 98's. I'd go with the
            > Deville headers,
            > but they don't offer a real big increase in power
            > over stock
            > manifolds run through 2 pipes.
            >
            > .....Preston III <prestoniii2002@y...> wrote:
            > Chevy big block headers themselves will not bolt
            > to a caddy engine. The process is that you buy
            chevy
            > big block headers for the chassis/body that you
            have,
            > then cut the exhaust-port flanges off them. Then,
            > you reinstall a set of Cadillac Big Block flanges in
            > place of the chevy flanges. The caddy flanges should

            > be available at various places that specialize in
            > caddy high performance parts.
            >
            > Preston III
            >

            > --- Tommy Pierson <tompierson@s...> wrote:
            > I know MTS carries a mid length set for Deville's
            > that might fit my 73 Fleetwood, but what Chevy Big
            > Block Headers would fit?

            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

            When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me."

            Preston, Tim, or Mr Bond. . . . They're all me!

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Tommy Pierson
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 26, 2005
              Thanks! That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for.