Re: quadrajet numbers needed

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 23, 2005
      All,
      Fwiw, even an spreadbore holley will not match the economy of a well
      tuned Q-J, and on a mild caddy, an 800 spread bore will probably not
      make much, if any more power. The Holley power valve is pretty much
      on or off. The Q-J's power piston makes for a more proper afr at all
      throttle openings. Getting the afr curve right isn't an easy thing to
      do though.

      On a strip car, or if economy isn't an issue, Holley yes. Can a Q-J
      do the job on a race car, yes, if you have the time/skill. Look at
      NHRA stock class cars. Many are making big power with Q-Js. A Holley
      is much easier to tune though, I admit.
      Dave

      > Ditch the quadrajunk and throw a holley on it.
    • Jerry Brown
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 23, 2005
        Finally got down to the shop and found the carburetor from the 74 472
        engine. Its stamped Rochester Quadrajet. The only #s I could find on
        exterior were: 7043234 and under that 10031. Hope that is helpful to you.
        Re. getting it set up right: Getting harder and harder to find good
        carburetor technicians as its been 20 years since carburetors were put on
        cars.
        Jerry Brown

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 23, 2005
          i going to send mine to jet performance.