Removing badges

  • Jeremy Stevens
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2005
      In trying to save money towards a paint job I would like to remove all of my
      chrome badges trunk lid, rear fenders, front grill ect... are these all
      screwed in? any tips in removing the badges... besides the very carfefully
      tactic?

      Are there any catalogs available for parts for a 1968 cadillac? I need front
      fenders bad...

      >From: Preston III <prestoniii2002@...>
      >To: Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: Updating 73's points...
      >Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 07:46:59 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >It's GM's version of electronic ignition. No points,
      >no wear, no hassles.
      >
      >The standard point system uses a resistor wire
      >that drops the voltage to about 6 volts when it
      >gets to the coil and distributor, so you can't
      >use that wire to power HEI. But you can run a
      >standard wire to the HEI distributor to give it
      >the 12 volts it needs to function.
      >
      >Once you've got that done, you're in business.
      >Just make sure that the 12 volts goes off when
      >you turn the key off, or the engine wont die.
      >
      >Preston III
      >
      >--- "Tony D. Cato" <deacon_cato@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Im a beginner. What is HEI? How does it compare to a cap and rotor?
      > > What are the pros and cons? I am all ears. Thanks
      >

      >Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments
      >that take your breath away.
      >
      >When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would
      >not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You
      >gave me."
      >
      >Preston, Tim, or Mr Bond. . . . They're all me!

      >Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
      >http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/
    • Paul Angel
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 17, 2005
        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy
        Stevens" <jcopp24@h...> wrote:
        > In trying to save money towards a paint job I would like to remove
        all of my
        > chrome badges trunk lid, rear fenders, front grill ect... are these
        all
        > screwed in? any tips in removing the badges... besides the very
        carfefully
        > tactic?
        >
        > Are there any catalogs available for parts for a 1968 cadillac? I
        need front
        > fenders bad...
        **************
        Depends mostly on the year of the car. The older ones such as a '68
        usually have nuts on the back of moldings & emblems. Some of the ones
        that have no access to the back of the panel will have clip-ons. With
        the clip-ons, you usually have to pull down a little on the molding
        while prying out with a screwdriver - all very carefully. Obviously
        with the nuts you have to pull the inner fenders & such to access
        those. Grilles & such will be bolted on - should be easy enough to
        spot.
        HTH,
        ~ Paul
        aka "Tha Driver"