Re: electric fans?

  • fivehundocutlass
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2005
      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com,
      "fivehundocutlass" <fivehundocutlass@y...> wrote:

      > Is anybody cooling there cad 500 with an electric fan or dual fans?
      If
      > so, what size fan and what cfm does it pull?
      >
      > My 72 Cutlass runs cool when rolling but starts to creep up in
      > traffic. I have a stock cad eldorado fan with a spacer, no fan
      clutch.
      > My radiator is a new 31 inch aluminum with dual 1.25 cores and I do
      > have a shroud. I installed a flow kooler disc in my stock water
      pump.

      I am replying to my own post. I installed dual 12 inch electric fans
      and built in shroud from an LT1 Z28 camaro 93-97. I have them
      triggered by a 195 degree temp switch mounted in my top rad hose.
      These fans pull a ton of air and cool the 500 very well. Sitting at
      idle in drive the car never saw over 200 degrees and cooled to about
      190 when the fans kicked on. I am running a 180 T stat.

      Thought somebody might benefit from my experimenting, my cad 500 is
      mild with 9 to 1 comp and a mild cam, fresh rings and bearings. also
      nice not to here that direct drive fan making all that noise.