Northstar Swap into a DeLorean

  • dmc_delorean_2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2005
      Hi
      Im new to the fourm, and maybe can find some help and advice here. Im
      in the process of dropping a Cadillac Northstar out of a 2001
      Eldorado ETC into a 1981 DMC DeLorean.

      So far I've got the Northstar Matted up to a porsche 915 5 speed
      transaxle, got the old DeLorean engine and tranny out, and everything
      will fit fine, infact the Northstar motor mounts line up to the
      DeLoreans motor mounts.

      the trouble im having is getting the Damn Northstar to run without
      having a cadillac attached to it. I sent out the original wiring
      harness and PCM to DYNATECH Motorsports www.DYNATECHMOTORSPORTS.COM,
      and they robbed me. went out of bussiness with my damn wiring and
      computer. I've looked into a few places that sell wiring harnesses
      and computers to run the engine "stand alone" but only for Northstars
      up to '99 and they are pretty expensive.

      Does anybody have any idea or suggestions on making a 2000 or newer
      Northstar (*with direct coil on plugs ignition) to run? I recently
      bought a used wiring harness, PCM, and coil packs off a '99 STS with
      the intentions of converting the harness but who knows.
      Thanks
      Tony
      '97 seville SLS
      '93 Seville STS
      '81 DeLorean N*?
      '93 Seville SLS (brothers)
      '97 Deville (brothers)-blown headgasket-
      '90 Fleetwood FWD (pops car)
      '91 Deville (pops car)
      '87 Fleetwood 6dr Limo (family car)
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2005
        Tony,
        Try a google search for northstar+swap, northstar+swap+cadillac,
        etc. You find many groups/furums and I bet you'll find help. Fyi,
        I've found that google is really better than other search engines.

        Btw - sounds like a nice swap. That 231 was a sad excuse in that
        chassis. What an exhaust system too, esp the cat! I built a test pipe
        for one some time ago....
        Good luck!
        Dave

        , atrtgo--- In