54 Fleetwood--331 keep or dump?

  • dsudilo333
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2005
      Inherited a tired but restorable 54 Fleetwood with matching #s that
      ran "last time they tried it" it the mid 90's. My plan is total
      rebuild with suspension/brake upgrades, engine upgrades, new interior
      etc. Any opinions on how worth while it would be trying to rebuild
      and upgrade the old 331/tranny (aftermarket parts?)vs dropping in a
      big block and new tranny? My dream is to have the old girl look as
      good (in her own way)and hold her own on the street with the
      neighbors Bentley Continental. I would love to keep the old block but
      am not sure it is worth the effort.