Re: Anyone ever put any thought into a RWD 85'eldo?

  • mpascino_ny
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
      Can't see your pic... I have a 403 olds motor going in the car, with
      the aluminum multiport injection and an MS programable EFI computer.
      Currently I have a 350 olds motor in the car with all the fixins
      while the 403 is being rebuilt. Even with the 350 it's almost
      pointless at times. I don't know how else to put it, but I $#&@!
      hate the 325-4l trans for performance. I've been able to make them
      survive a bit longer over time but the only one I have ever had that
      shifted decently was one I spent $1700 for. That one only lasted a
      few months.....

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, johnson
      kevin <kp5002002@y...> wrote:
      > what kind of engine are you currently running in your el dog?
      > i am thinking about buying the '85 model in the attached photo.
      > mpascino_ny <mpascino@a...> wrote:
      > I have always gotten a kick out of the FWD torque monster, but I
      keep
      > asking myself if a RWD eldo is feasible. I have toasted 8 or so
      325-
      > 3254l transmissions over the last 4 years. I really want to keep
      the
      > car daily drivable. Often I find it is at the point where the
      power
      > can't get planted down to the ground. Even if I shoe-horned a
      TH425
      > between the frame rails I wouldn't be too much better off, and I
      > would loose the OD on long trips. Anyone have any input? I want to
      > stick with the eldo, mostly because most people do not suspect much
      > from them,heh.....
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.

      > Jazz up your holiday email with celebrity designs. Learn more.
    • mpascino_ny
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2005
        Fitting the engine into the car is a bolt in install. Get all the
        brackets from a 368 eldorado or sevile. The blocks are the same
        externally for the most part. Once you rip all the garbage out of
        the engine compartment and put the 500 in it will almost look like
        the engine is smaller.... Take my advise though, you will be able to
        ruin transmissions on command if you use the 325-4l. If you are
        series about doing it, get a 425 trans from an early eldo and put it
        in. It's a lot of work but it will be fun right? I have all the
        parts sitting in the garage, it's just one of those things I"haven't
        got around to"....

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "kp5002002"
        <kp5002002@y...> wrote:

        > do you have a big block in your car?...I am thinking of installing
        > 500 into a 1985 eldorado...i have a 500 from a 1975 model fleetwood
        > ...i have installed an mt10 cam...i expect 350-380hp and about
        500lbs
        > of torque depending on if i can use the edelbrock intake that i
        have.
        > ..i have heard that it is a tight fit.
        > --- In
        > Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "mpascino_ny"
        > <mpascino@a...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have always gotten a kick out of the FWD torque monster, but I
        > keep
        > > asking myself if a RWD eldo is feasible. I have toasted 8 or so
        > 325-
        > > 3254l transmissions over the last 4 years. I really want to keep
        > the
        > > car daily drivable. Often I find it is at the point where the
        > power
        > > can't get planted down to the ground. Even if I shoe-horned a
        > TH425
        > > between the frame rails I wouldn't be too much better off, and I
        > > would loose the OD on long trips. Anyone have any input? I want
        > > stick with the eldo, mostly because most people do not suspect
        > much
        > > from them,heh.....
      • johnson kevin
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2005