Re: Bulldog heads revisited

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
      William Lucke,

      Afaik, there were two runs of them made. Rumor has it that the
      machine work on the guides, and valve job was less than excellent.
      All were sold and most have been used, afaik. The single plane
      intakes were also sold, in versions with either a 4150/60 or
      dominator flange. Two versions, one for the BD alum heads, and the
      other for stock iron heads. The intake ports are way to big for
      anything but a very large high rpm engine. Epoxy fill on the floors
      and plenum helps make them more "useable". The alum heads are also
      often filled on the floors, although most were used un-filled, afaik.
      Rumor also says that no more will be cast, but who knows.

      A fellow named Richard Potter is working on alum heads. Due out
      spring/summer, afaik.
      Dave

      <wlucke@s...> wrote:
      > The Feb '05 issue of Hot Rod has a blurb on pg 118 about the
      Bulldog
      > aluminum heads for Caddies.
      >
      > 260 (!) cc intake ports, 76 cc chambers
      > 2.19/1.84 valves
      > 307 cfm intake/235 cfm exhaust out of the box (0.600 lift)
      > 400 cfm with mild porting
      > Recessed/reinforced bosses to accept SBF rocker arms
      > $1695/pair bare heads
      > $2145/pair fully assembled.
      >
      > www.bulldogperformance.net
      >
      > That's a stiff pill.
      > Prolly do better to get the things fully ported then epoxy up the
      intake
      > port floors and weld up the exhaust port floors for decent street
      ports....

      > Will
      >

      > ---
    • William Lucke
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
        I'd heard.
        I'd figured that since it was in a current magazine, and still on their
        website, that there might be something to it.
        I'm not sufficiently interested to talk to them and find out more, but the
        information is there.
        Be interesting to see what Potter comes up with. His website is
        www.cadillacperformanceparts.com

        Will