Bulldog heads revisited

  • William Lucke
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2004
      The Feb '05 issue of Hot Rod has a blurb on pg 118 about the Bulldog
      aluminum heads for Caddies.

      260 (!) cc intake ports, 76 cc chambers
      2.19/1.84 valves
      307 cfm intake/235 cfm exhaust out of the box (0.600 lift)
      400 cfm with mild porting
      Recessed/reinforced bosses to accept SBF rocker arms
      $1695/pair bare heads
      $2145/pair fully assembled.

      www.bulldogperformance.net

      That's a stiff pill.
      Prolly do better to get the things fully ported then epoxy up the intake
      port floors and weld up the exhaust port floors for decent street ports....

      Will
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
        William Lucke,

        Afaik, there were two runs of them made. Rumor has it that the
        machine work on the guides, and valve job was less than excellent.
        All were sold and most have been used, afaik. The single plane
        intakes were also sold, in versions with either a 4150/60 or
        dominator flange. Two versions, one for the BD alum heads, and the
        other for stock iron heads. The intake ports are way to big for
        anything but a very large high rpm engine. Epoxy fill on the floors
        and plenum helps make them more "useable". The alum heads are also
        often filled on the floors, although most were used un-filled, afaik.
        Rumor also says that no more will be cast, but who knows.

        A fellow named Richard Potter is working on alum heads. Due out
        spring/summer, afaik.
        Dave

        <wlucke@s...> wrote:
        > The Feb '05 issue of Hot Rod has a blurb on pg 118 about the
        Bulldog
        > aluminum heads for Caddies.
        >
        > 260 (!) cc intake ports, 76 cc chambers
        > 2.19/1.84 valves
        > 307 cfm intake/235 cfm exhaust out of the box (0.600 lift)
        > 400 cfm with mild porting
        > Recessed/reinforced bosses to accept SBF rocker arms
        > $1695/pair bare heads
        > $2145/pair fully assembled.
        >
        > www.bulldogperformance.net
        >
        > That's a stiff pill.
        > Prolly do better to get the things fully ported then epoxy up the
        intake
        > port floors and weld up the exhaust port floors for decent street
        ports....

        > Will
        >

        > ---
      • William Lucke
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
          I'd heard.
          I'd figured that since it was in a current magazine, and still on their
          website, that there might be something to it.
          I'm not sufficiently interested to talk to them and find out more, but the
          information is there.
          Be interesting to see what Potter comes up with. His website is
          www.cadillacperformanceparts.com

          Will