Aluminum heads for 472/500

  • William Lucke
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 2004
      I remember reading a blurb in a magazine about some company starting to
      make aluminum heads for the 425/472/500 engines, but I don't remember
      exactly what the company's name was... Bulldog or mad dog or some kind of
      dog. Googling hasn't turned up much... I'd really like to find out more
      about these heads. Does anyone here know anything?

      Will
    • RGermain
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 10, 2004
        have you tried the forums at www.500cid.com?

        William Lucke <wlucke@...> wrote:
        I remember reading a blurb in a magazine about some company starting to
        make aluminum heads for the 425/472/500 engines, but I don't remember
        exactly what the company's name was... Bulldog or mad dog or some kind of
        dog. Googling hasn't turned up much... I'd really like to find out more
        about these heads. Does anyone here know anything?

        Will

        ---

        This email contains proprietary information and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please delete it immediately.
      • fivehundocutlass
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11, 2004
          They are available at Cad Company (www.cad500parts.com)
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 11, 2004
            Will,

            Bulldog made two runs. There were problems with both runs, although
            the 2nd run was better. There may be a few sets left out there. Check
            with Potter Automotive, MTS, Flashcraft, etc. IIRC, they all were
            getting $2200+ or so for them with valves/springs, etc.

            Fyi - The ports are really TOO BIG for good street performance. If
            they are filled with epoxy in the floors, low end improves. The also
            cast a single plane intake with VERY larger ports. Real low end
            killer.

            Fyi - Potter is working on an alum head now.
            Dave

            --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, William