a "Little" 1953 Cadillac

  • kiddiekrosillac_bart
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2004

      I have a "Little" 1953 Cadillac (a custom cut down body from the
      front fenders and rear 1/4 panels of a '53 cadillac ) on a 1948
      Crosley Chassis.

      The car almost looks like a little brother to the 1953 Cadillac Le
      Mans Dreamcar at the 1953 GM Motorama.

      This is a project that my father and some of his work/friends built
      back in the 1960s?. I have been told that it may be based on an
      article which was feartued in either a mid-late 50's or early
      60's "Popular Mechanics" or "Mechanix Illustrated".

      My father sold the car many years ago and just last year I was able
      to track it down to the foremost owner and buy it back. It sat
      uncovered in the owners back yard for the last 20plus years, neither
      covered or winterised ( in Wisconsin- OUCH )and is badly in need of
      restoration. I have made excellent connections on the Crosley side of
      the house, but need to find Cadillac resources.

      I am also trying to track down the publication in question that may
      have started the whole thing. My father has cancer, and I am trying
      to get the Kiddie Kaddy running while he can still enjoy it. For all
      I know, this may be the car featured in the questioned feature
      article, but I highly doubt it.

      Looking forward to your corredspondence and any assistance,

      Bart