RE: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: What did I buy

  • Jerry Brown
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 6, 2004
      hi Dave,
      the block and heads are cast iron. I'm pretty satisfied its a 74 472 with
      the flat top pistons. Everything else appears to be stock.
      Jerry Brown

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 11, 2004
        A good running stock cad 500 will dyno about 300hp and 500 ft lbs
        torque. A 472 wont be far behind. I have a 500 in my Cutlass and it
        has a mild cam and about 9 to 1 comp. (milled low comp. heads). It
        pulls like a freight train at 2500 rpms.
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 11, 2004
          Hi Jerry,

          It's no 472. The 472 rod is 6.75" C/L to C/L, the pin is 1", and the
          C/L of pin to top of pistons is apx 2.010".

          Did you measure bore/stroke? A 472" is 4.3" x 4.06".
          Dave