Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: 86 FWD 4.1 V8 Swap to Chevy 4.3 V6

  • johnson kevin
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 3, 2004
      my bad...i thought you had a rwd deville...for the fwd i think your only option would be the 4.5L
      transverse mount engine.

      "Robert B. Zapata Jr." <rzapatajr@...> wrote:

      Do you think there is enought room in the small Cadillac?

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, johnson
      kevin <kp5002002@y...> wrote:
      > you have a lot of choices...any engine with the BOP pattern will
      fit with the proper engine mounts etc...I would go with a 425, 472,
      500cid from an earlier deville...you can use the engine mounts from
      a 368 engine which came in the '81 deville and later deville
      hearse/limo...
      > the most ideal would be the 425 because  it is 100lbs. lighter
      than the 472/500 and will be easier on your OD transmission...you
      will need a special flexplate to use the OD or you can
      > swap in a t400 from a 368 deville along with the crossmember and
      driveshaft, etc...you will also need the larger radiator from the
      368 deville.

      > "Robert B. Zapata Jr." <rzapatajr@y...> wrote:
      >
      > Kevin thank you for thr info. I have a 1986 Coupedeville Frint
      wheel
      > drive. I do not think it will work. Or will it?
      >
      > --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, johnson
      > kevin <kp5002002@y...> wrote:
      > > what kind of make, model, and year do you have?  my nephew has a
      > 1982 Cadillac El Dorado.
      > > the 307 was available in similar vehicles.  It is a direct swap
      if
      > you use the brackets, accessories, etc. from one of these
      vehicles.
      > the oldsmobile toronado and the buick riviera share the same
      chassis
      > during certain years and the make excellent swap candidates.
      > >
      > > "Robert B. Zapata Jr." <rzapatajr@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks but I have a front wheel drive, that was the first motor
      > > wanted to put in to my caddy was my 307 out of a Hurst olds but
      it
      > > is way to big to fit into the engine bay.
      > >
      > > --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, johnson
      > > kevin <kp5002002@y...> wrote:
      > > > there are many choices...i prefer the cadillac 425 which can
      be
      > > installed using brackets and accessories from the 368 which came
      > in
      > > the vehicle at least one, maybe 2 years...the easiest swap would
      > be
      > > the oldsmobile 307 which came in these vehicles for several
      > > years...i am currently working on such a project with my
      > > nephew...the 4100 locked up...his father gave him a 307 from a
      > > wrecked delta 88...we got the oil pan and brackets from a
      similar
      > > body style at the salvage yard.
      > > >
      > > > "Robert B. Zapata Jr." <rzapatajr@y...> wrote:
      > > > Has any body swapped a 4100 FWD for a 4.3 V6? If so any ECM
      > issues?
      > > >

      > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > > > Get unlimited calls to
      > > >
      > > > U.S./Canada

      > > >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      > > Service.

      > > >  Meet the all-new My Yahoo! � Try it today!
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      > >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      > Service.

      > >  Yahoo! Mail - 250MB free storage. Do more. Manage less.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.

    • Kevin
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 4, 2004
        sorry, i meant the 4.9L transverse engine.