Hi. Yes, I'm a newbie...get over it.

  • No. Really.
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2004
      Hi, I'm gomer. I just got my hands on a 79 Coupe DeVille. She's got a
      425 ci and a body in beautiful shape for her age and where I live
      (lotsa snow and salt and stuff to scratch up her paint and start the
      cancer). Been thinking on a theme for the rebuild. Resto is a bit
      tame for my tastes and "pimp" is not in my lexicon. I gotta say that
      I'm into psychobilly (punk rock's answer to rockabilly- The Reverend
      Horton Heat is a good band to start with if anyone's interested),
      demon hot rods, chicks in blue dresses and GOBS of horsepower and
      metric tons of torque. I use phrases like "That mill really stirs the
      soup!" or "I wanna turn heads so hard the necks snap.", all with a
      straight face. Know where I'm going with this? Yeah. Lotsa flames and
      skulls and chrome and black and smoke and thunder. I'll take any
      advice, tips, tricks, what have you, but I won't listen to the
      purists or the "pimps" or anyone not willing to have a gander at a
      guy who rebuilt a 69 Galaxy 500 when he was 13, a 65 GTO when he was
      15 and many beautiful examples of American Steel since and every last
      one in the spirit of the hellbent.
    • Scott Pearson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2004
        Have you ever thought about trading it for a hearse? Seems the skulls,
        flames, etc. would fit that car a bit more.

        My thoughts for a car like this is to stuff a 500ci in it, force feed the
        intake and go hunt the unsuspecting. Leave the exterior stock appearing so
        they don't see it coming. Oh, and nice quiet mufflers.

        Scott

        > Hi, I'm gomer. I just got my hands on a 79 Coupe DeVille. She's got a
        > 425 ci and a body in beautiful shape for her age and where I live
        > (lotsa snow and salt and stuff to scratch up her paint and start the
        > cancer). Been thinking on a theme for the rebuild. Resto is a bit
        > tame for my tastes and "pimp" is not in my lexicon. I gotta say that
        > I'm into psychobilly (punk rock's answer to rockabilly- The Reverend
        > Horton Heat is a good band to start with if anyone's interested),
        > demon hot rods, chicks in blue dresses and GOBS of horsepower and
        > metric tons of torque. I use phrases like "That mill really stirs the
        > soup!" or "I wanna turn heads so hard the necks snap.", all with a
        > straight face. Know where I'm going with this? Yeah. Lotsa flames and
        > skulls and chrome and black and smoke and thunder. I'll take any
        > advice, tips, tricks, what have you, but I won't listen to the
        > purists or the "pimps" or anyone not willing to have a gander at a
        > guy who rebuilt a 69 Galaxy 500 when he was 13, a 65 GTO when he was
        > 15 and many beautiful examples of American Steel since and every last
        > one in the spirit of the hellbent.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • No. Really.
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 15, 2004
          That was the original idea. There is a funeral home in town that has
          a Caddy Hearse. But when I drove her over, well, the bug bit me. This
          from a former Ford man. As far as makin' her sleeper, yeah, that's
          the idea, but my jammies are kinda loud, daddy-o. I'm keeping her
          naturally aspirated, chucking the stock carb fuel feed for an EFI set
          up and bolting on some Hookers and a Flowmaster 50 Series SUV-Perf
          muffler, for which I will be fabbing up the rest of the exhaust.
          There's a few other power tricks I'm going to employ that will keep
          her quiet. The heads *might* get decked, might not, the pistons are
          going to be coated, reducing as many journal diameters as I possibly
          can, putting the main on a diet and going with a slightly more
          radical cam without going overboard and killing her with vacuum loss.
          I also figure to save some weight somewhere, but where is beyond me
          so far. There's so much that's so cool about this sled that I can't
          bear the thought of taking away any part of her. Except the AC.
          That's just gotta go.

          PS- Posting some pics of her in current condition. If anyone has some
          skill with photoshop and can fudge some of the pics to show her in a
          beter light...

          --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Scott