Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] 500 in a 65

  • joe4@DigArts.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2004
      The '65 had a 429 which is a different block than the 500. Engine mounts
      and boltpattern are different.
      I've heard that you can use '68 engine mounts etc. to put a 500, 472, 425
      or 368 into a '67. I think that would work for the '65 as well, but I don't
      know for sure. I think it comes down to if the frame isn't too different
      from a '68 it should be pretty easy.
      The 500 has a BOP boltpattern so finding a tranny is easy.

      Hope that helps.

      --

      Joe Hamlin '78 Eldo Biarritz
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2004
        "od396",

        IRC, your '65 trans is actually has the old buick round bellhousing
        pattern, with an adapter that allows it to bolt to the caddy engine.
        You can use any '68 up caddy trans to bolt to the '73 eldo engine,
        but fyi: your '65 trans is a "switch pitch". To retain that feature,
        you'll have to swap the innards from your trans into a later bop case.
        Dave