Re: Engine swap?

  • zenishus
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2004
      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Joel"
      <vegehtz@h...> wrote:

      > Hi, I'm new to this group, and I have some questions that I hope
      > someone here can answer for me. I want to drop a 472 into a '64
      > chevy truck. The truck currently has a straight six in it. Has
      > anywone attempted this or something similar? Will I have to
      modify
      > the oil pan and will most headers fit in...
      i have a 500 in my 64 c10.i used an eldo oilpan which cleared
      everything.i used rear drive exaust manifolds and i believe? rear
      drive engine mounts.i had to dent the firewall near the clutch
      linkage.i took the frame mounts,swapped them side for side,moved
      them forward and bolted them down.i had to hammer down the rise in
      the frame on the passinger rail.i had to grind off a quarter of an
      inch off the frame to clear the passinger exaust manifold.