Engine swap?

  • Joel
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2004
      Hi, I'm new to this group, and I have some questions that I hope
      someone here can answer for me. I want to drop a 472 into a '64
      chevy truck. The truck currently has a straight six in it. Has
      anywone attempted this or something similar? Will I have to modify
      the oil pan and will most headers fit in...any information would be
      very much appreciated. Also, for now I'm going to run the stock
      intake and carb, but eventually would like to change those. Any
      suggestions on what to use to achieve higher torque at lower RPM's.
      Thankyou-Joel
    • zenishus
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2004
        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Joel"
        <vegehtz@h...> wrote:

        > Hi, I'm new to this group, and I have some questions that I hope
        > someone here can answer for me. I want to drop a 472 into a '64
        > chevy truck. The truck currently has a straight six in it. Has
        > anywone attempted this or something similar? Will I have to
        modify
        > the oil pan and will most headers fit in...
        i have a 500 in my 64 c10.i used an eldo oilpan which cleared
        everything.i used rear drive exaust manifolds and i believe? rear
        drive engine mounts.i had to dent the firewall near the clutch
        linkage.i took the frame mounts,swapped them side for side,moved
        them forward and bolted them down.i had to hammer down the rise in
        the frame on the passinger rail.i had to grind off a quarter of an
        inch off the frame to clear the passinger exaust manifold.